Three Dunlins

Three Dunlins

Wednesday 4 March 2020

Prenuptial opening....

Good morning!

Yesterday I went to my local patch ,Zolina's reservoir, to check what was going around, since it was a long time ago from my last visit. 

In this occasion, as usual, I didn't have to much time and I decided to place my telescope not very close to the shoreline (also to rerspect the birds resting). 

As soon as I started sweeping with the lens through the north coast, two small silouettes were moving quickly with sort sprints in a muddy patch. I zoomed fast and there they were a total of seven ringed plovers with three dunlins (those were sleeping). 

Those dates are appropiate to observe the first prenuptial birds in their migration journey to their northern breeding territories.
 
VIDEO.

The group of shorebirds.
As usuall calidris and charadrius together.

 
When I was going to retire a group of 23 lapwings landed in the "oystercatchers" peninsula forming a mixed group with various kinds of ducks that were taking a nap with a pair of LBB gulls.

No comments:

Post a Comment