Three Dunlins

Three Dunlins

Sunday 8 May 2022

Some waders arriving.....


Hi there.

A recent video that I manage to do a few days ago in my LP, 

A few waders hace shown in the shores of the reservoir lately during the peak of the prenuptial migration of birds heading northwards and doing an stopover to fuel up their fat reserves and continue in their challenging journey.

Numbers have been quite discrete in general ,with ten species recorded beeing the highlight the kentish plover that I mentioned in my previous post and a ferrougineus sandpiper that was lingering in the north shore two of days ago (with the ruffs).

As usual common redshanks and comon sandpipers have been the most numerous species.

A solitary sanderling was seen by a close friend in the dam, but I wasn't able to detect the bird in the forecoming afternoon. 



 A pair of Calidris alpina feeding in the muddy shore.

No comments:

Post a Comment