Three Dunlins

Three Dunlins

Thursday 10 October 2019

Some wader watching and a "chat"

Hello.

I have been recently in my local patch trying to observe some of our favourite birds but in general the post nuptial migration in this area has been really dull with bad numbers and a few species to report. The weather is really hot for this time of the year and I suposse that this doesn't help  migratory birds to make a stop over my local patch. 

The positive thing about this lack of  rains is that the water level of the reservoir goes down and makes possible the appareance of  a small island that is a complete magnet fot the shorebirds.

Precisely in this promontory is where I saw the other day (oct 06) a nice group of eleven dunlins and three ringed plovers feeding frantically along the islands shore. The dunlins were well entered in the swallow waters like sometimes I see the curlew sandpipers.
Sadly nothing else to report about this interesting group of birds.

Here is the poster of my conference/chat in the town hall to show the richness of this reservoir and against the solar plant that Acciona power wants to built.




No comments:

Post a Comment