Three Dunlins

Three Dunlins

Tuesday 16 March 2021

Season opening....

 Hi there!

My first year blog entry was delaing too much, so with the excuse of the Worldshorebirdsurvey here comes what I saw this sunday in my third oficial counting of the year (there is a marked schedule that every participant must follow in their choosen sites).

In a very cold and windy afteernoon I managed to observe a nice migratory group of common redshanks in the southern dich, meanwile theree little ringed plovers were lingering in the northern shore, to far to take a decent pic.

Things seem to start activating in this forthcoming prenuptial season that I will try to keep one eye as much as I can....

(so far a few lapwings and two snipes were my shorebird records in my local patch this year/winter. I have known that a dunlin and a few avocets were detected this weekend, but I was unable to twitch them.... 



Nice migratory flock of wary and nervous birds. 


VIDEO



If you want to participate, here are the instructions to follow (click the link):




No comments:

Post a Comment