Three Dunlins

Three Dunlins

Tuesday 4 April 2017

1000 Lapwings and 1 Golden plover!!


Hello!

I had those pics from the past 08/03/17 when I enjoyed a great sunny afternoon with my friend Mikelgar and my son Ander at Zolina Reservoir.

While we were talking about the three Black tailed Lapwings that were roosting in the flooded island, far in the distance we saw a very big group of lapwings feeding in the east fields. For a reason that we could't figure out, all of them started flying and I discovered a Golden plover between them (usually they are associated in migration) and that was what I had in mind when I started watching their manouvers in the air.

After this interesting observation we set off to a better place to get a closer view and once there I heard the call of Ringed plovers inside the group, there were four of them and one Dunlin!!

I don't have pictures of them due to the distance and the hard light that was present at the moment.

Three Black tailed Lapwing

About a thousand Lapwings in the shore and  nearby fields.

The lonely Golden plover........

Perfect viewing conditions...it was really too hot that day (winter season ending)



Have  nice  day!!

(*) all the pictures had been taken with a mobile phone handholded and my Kowa 88.

No comments:

Post a Comment