Three Dunlins

Three Dunlins

Thursday 11 May 2017

A few waders in San Sebastian.

Good morning!!

The past 30 of april I made a visit to my family in San Sebastian /Donostia (Basque country) a wonderfull city in the Northern coast of Iberian peninsula , famous for his culinary aspects and precious buildings.

Anyway I had another intention fot that day, and my aim was to check the riverside of Urumea river that ends up into the Cantabric ocean, if I had enough time between my familiar responsabilities.

I had luck because the tide was low at my arrival and the good feeding areas with some sand a many rock blocks appeared to the delight of the few waders (and gulls) that were present at that moment.

Those are my best shots:



Whimbrel.

Very confident bird. I only saw one individual. Took a record shot and let him alone....


Redshank.

Another confident bird. There are many pedestrians at both sides of the river and birds get used to it.


A Common sandpiper. I didn`t expect this bird here in the intertidal area, so close to the ocean....


Turnstone.

I was happy to see a group of eight birds close to the wall. In a second all of them flew away to the sea.


View of the Urumea's rivermouth in San sebastian/Donostia.

Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment