Three Dunlins

Three Dunlins

Thursday 12 September 2019

My local patch in danger....and two curlew sandpipers!

I have been recently visiting my local patch (Zolina reservoir) because september is a good month around here. Never expecting big numbers and more often nothing to pin point at all.

But yesterday a was lucky to observe two nice juvenile curlew sandpipers that were roosting in the north shore. I could manage to take a pic with my handheld smartphone and the telescope in order not to disturb them and set off back home.

Those birds are facing a crucial journey for their survival so we never have to make them fly due to our "selfish" interests of doing a picture.

The day before I could observe a nice pack with two dunlins and eleven ringed plovers.

Have a nice day and take care of your local patch!!


By the way my local patch Zolina reservoir (Balsa de Zolina /Navarra) is in danger due to the intention of building a solar floating plant.

 
I have written to the local media, made a technical brochure to a environmental group (Gurelur),made signature recopilation on change.org, and soon I will give a "conference" about this valuable site for waders in the local townhall.....we have to act if somebody wants to destroy your nature!!



thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment