Three Dunlins

Three Dunlins

Friday 19 March 2021

A pair of northern jewels

I had the chance of twitching a very rare bird in my LP, Zolina reservoir, the last month of december, thanks to my mate Raul that had the luck of discovering a pair of grey Phalaropus in the northern shore.

This is a very rare record in the county and the last time that they were seen here was twelve years ago due to a northern gale that brought many marine birds inland.

I managed to get a few decent pics with one of the birds that behaved quite tamely with my presence (I kept always a security distance to not disturb the shorebird).

 "Curiously"  they didn't get on well with each other, and in three ocassions one of the birds mobbed the other frantically. 


Swimming between the weeds


             A valuable record shot of two birds. 

 
          The first time that I see one                                 walking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment