Three Dunlins

Three Dunlins

Tuesday 27 July 2021

One morning in the Ebro delta......



Hi there!

I have been missing for to long, and now is the moment to return with the blog even if there hasn't been to much to talk about due to the dull period of summer in my local patch.

Nonetheless I had a holiday period of eight days and I went one morning birding to Deltebre,without a doubt  one of the best places in the Iberian peninsula for wader watching.

In july there are not plenty of those birds, but is always a treat observing the local ones like the kentish plover or the pranticole (this year I missed this one).

In mid july the postnuptial migration is really in it's very early beginnings so not to many shorebirds around, a few common redshanks and greenshanks to mention something.

I wonder how this place would look like in september with so many ricefields,muddy flats,beaches,small streams and shoreline....!!



 

Oystercatcher feeding.


Greenshank bath. (in the background a slender billed gull).

A solitary common redshank. Always wary....

Greenshank on the look out.

This was the only one I saw......

Kentish plover.

A real rarity  in my "l.p" but here always presents in "good" numbers.


A BW stilt family...out of focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment