Three Dunlins

Three Dunlins

Wednesday 1 May 2019

Big numbers at the dam.


Hello.

During the last weekend I was able to spent a few minutes in my local patch, Zolina's reservoir.

Due to the strong northern winds I decided to take a view from the south side, were the dam is located due to the amount of food items that get acumulated on the foam thanks to the waves created.

As I espected some shorebirds were lingering around, but it took my be surprise the amount of them, counting around fifty birds lined up on the border.

The majority were common sandpipers followed by fifteen common redshanks and between, them the more scarce in the patch, three greenshanks.

The peak of migration comes here in the middle of may and with this observation it seems and I hope that is going to be interesting (even if the Calidris gender didn't show up by the moment!!).

I also managed to localize three BW stilts in the northern shore (around 1000 m of distance).



The varied group feeding frantically were the waves brake.


A pedestrian bothered the birds (always wary and nervous around here).


VIDEO


Goog day to everybody!!

No comments:

Post a Comment